Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Denmark

What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Denmark? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.

[ICON - The flag of Denmark.]



[HEADER - Denmark.]

[ICON - The driving license & co.]Documents you must have with you

  • Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
  • ID card or passport (since 26.6.12 it has also been obligatory for children travelling within the EU to have their own identity document.)
  • International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) is recommended.

+ Recommended Products: Document Bag »

[ICON - The first aid kit.]

First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest

It is not mandatory to carry a first-aid kit or high-visibility vest. However, we recommend you always carry both.

[ICON - The helmet.]

Mandatory helmet

It is mandatory to wear a helmet! Only helmets which conform to the ECE 22 standard are approved.

+ Recommended Products: Visor and Helmet Cleaner, Proofer »

[ICON - The headlights.]


Motorcycles must have their headlight on even during the daytime.

+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Lightbulbs »

[ICON - The speedometer.]

Speed limits

  • Within built-up areas: 50 km/h
  • Outside built-up areas: 80 km/h
  • Dual carriageways (expressways): 80 km/h
  • Motorways (freeways): 130 km/h

[ICON - The motorway tolls.]

Road tolls

The bridge over the Great Belt and the Öresund Bridge to Sweden are both toll bridges.

[ICON - The emergency call.]

Emergency numbers


[ICON - The alcohol.]

Legal alcohol limit

0.05% (50 mg/100 ml blood)

[ICON - The information.]

Further information

Tourism in Denmark:

Motorcycle trips across the Denmark borders

Here you will find country tips for motorcycle trips in Denmark neighbouring countries.

[IMAGE - The neighboring countries of Denmark.]