Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Latvia
What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Latvia? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Documents you must have with you
- Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
- ID card or passport (since 26.6.12 it has also been obligatory for children travelling within the EU to have their own identity document.)
- International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) is mandatory.
First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest
It is not mandatory to carry a first-aid kit or high-visibility vest. However, we recommend you always carry both.
It is mandatory to wear a helmet! Only helmets which conform to the ECE 22 standard are approved.
All vehicles must have their headlights on even during the daytime.
- Within built-up areas: 50 km/h
- Outside built-up areas: 90 km/h
- Dual carriageways (expressways): 110 km/h
Legal alcohol limit
0.05% (50 mg/100 ml blood)
Motorcycle trips across the Latvia borders
Here you will find country tips for motorcycle trips in Latvia neighbouring countries.
* To provide you with even better support when you plan your next tour, we will shortly be adding still more countries.