Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Bosnia–Herzegovina
What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Bosnia–Herzegovina? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Documents you must have with you
- Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
- ID card or passport (since 26.6.12 it has also been obligatory for children travelling within the EU to have their own identity document.)
- International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) is mandatory.
+ Recommended Products: Document Bag
First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest
High-visibility vests must be carried with you and worn in the event of a breakdown.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Warning Triangle, Safety Vest, First-AID Kit, Warning Light
It is mandatory to wear a helmet! Only helmets which conform to the ECE 22 standard are approved.
+ Recommended Products: Visor and Helmet Cleaner, Proofer
All vehicles must have their headlights on even during the daytime.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Lightbulbs
- Within built-up areas: 50 km/h
- Outside built-up areas: 80 km/h
- Dual carriageways (expressways): 100 km/h
- Motorways (freeways): 130 km/h
The use of the A1 motorway is subject to tolls.
112 and 911
Legal alcohol limit
0.03% (30 mg/100 ml blood)
Motorcycle trips across the Bosnia-Herzegovina borders
Here you will find country tips for motorcycle trips in Bosnia-Herzegovina neighbouring countries.
© JFL Photography – stock.adobe.com