Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Bulgaria
What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Bulgaria? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Documents you must have with you
- Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
- ID card or passport (since 26.6.12 it has also been obligatory for children travelling within the EU to have their own identity document.)
- International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) is mandatory.
+ Recommended Products: Document Bag
First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest
High-visibility vests must be carried with you and worn in the event of a breakdown.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Warning Triangle, Safety Vest, First-AID Kit, Warning Light
It is mandatory to wear a helmet! Only helmets which conform to the ECE 22 standard are approved.
+ Recommended Products: Visor and Helmet Cleaner, Proofer
All vehicles must have their headlights on even during the daytime.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Lightbulbs
- Within built-up areas: 50 km/h
- Outside built-up areas: 90 km/h
- Motorway (freeway): 130 km/h (140 km/h applies to newly built motorway sections)
No tolls for motorcycles.
112 and 166
Legal alcohol limit
0.05% (50 mg/100 ml blood)
Motorcycle trips across the Bulgaria borders
Here you will find country tips for motorcycle trips in Bulgaria neighbouring countries.
© kagpid – stock.adobe.com