Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Luxembourg
What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Luxembourg? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Documents you must have with you
- Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
- ID card or passport (since 26.6.12 it has also been obligatory for children travelling within the EU to have their own identity document.)
- International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) is recommended.
+ Recommended Products: Document Bag
First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest
High-visibility vests must be carried with you and worn in the event of a breakdown.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Warning Triangle, Safety Vest, First-AID Kit, Warning Light
It is mandatory to wear a helmet! Only helmets which conform to the ECE 22 standard are approved.
+ Recommended Products: Visor and Helmet Cleaner, Proofer
Motorcycles must have their headlight on even during the daytime.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Lightbulbs
- Within built-up areas: 50 km/h
- Outside built-up areas: 90 km/h
- Dual carriageways (expressways): 110 km/h
- Motorways (freeways): 130 km/h (100 km/h in wet weather)
No tolls for motorcycles.
Legal alcohol limit
- 0.05% (50 mg/100 ml blood)
- 0.02% (20 mg/100 ml blood) for new drivers in the first 2 years, as well as drivers of commercial vehicles and taxis)
Motorcycle trips across the Luxembourg borders
Here you will find country tips for motorcycle trips in Luxembourg neighbouring countries.
© Sergey Novikov – stock.adobe.com