MIVV Dakar exhaust system with EG-BE
Stainless steel / Black stainless steel
MIVV Dakar exhaust system with EG-BE Stainless steel / Black stainless steel
Mivv has developed the *Dakar* slip-on exhausts to enhance the aesthetics, sound and performance of each motorbike. They are also the result of maximum focus on design. After all, Mivv aims to satisfy those who also want to distinguish themselves through the appearance of their two-wheeler. The Dakar exhaust project is the result of experience, research and development in the field of rally racing. An indispensable and robust exhaust, for all the more demanding off-road riders. Two versions are available: VA = stainless steel and BL = black stainless steel
The black version has a central body in black 304 stainless steel with "Black Moon" effect, a finish obtained by a special ceramic-based painting process.
- oval silencer
- throaty twin-cylinder sound
- Dakar look, with beak pulled out
- up to 2 hp increase in power
- DB Killer riveted, removable (Attention: possible loss of type approval)
- weighs about 2.7 kg less than the standard exhaust
- 30 cm or 40 cm long depending on model
- Connecting pipe and mounting parts made of stainless steel
- all mounting parts included in the scope of delivery
- Silencer made of stainless steel, black ceramic coated
- Type approval for Germany (EURO4 / EURO5, EG-BE)
- VA = stainless steel
- BL = black stainless steel
Note: The carbon manifold cover shown is not included in the scope of delivery. Please order separately.
MotoGP technology for the road!
If you want to build stock exhaust systems for Ducati, you must have a lot of know-how at your command and satisfy the highest requirements. MIVV does just that and much more! The Italians are putting all of their collective experience into retrofitting systems for many motorcycle models. This ensures not only technical expertise and the use of the finest materials, but the typical Italian design. In a nutshell, the parts don't just sound good, but look great too.
Modern vehicle accessories of different types now frequently carry an "E" approval mark valid throughout Europe. This "E" mark, which is made up of a combination of letters and numbers, is clearly displayed on the product and shows the application tested, the country in which testing was carried out and, where appropriate, the vehicle type to which approval applies. EC type approvals for exhaust systems, for example, are always issued for a specific vehicle type, whereas in the case of lighting, they apply to an entire group of vehicles, e.g. motorcycles.
This certification mark is the sole proof of legality stipulated by law, i.e. no written report or entry in the vehicle documents by a TÜV (German Technical Inspection Association) test centre is required. However, when it comes to installing accessories, the relevant guidelines of the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StvZO) must always be observed.
At a roadside check or a TÜV vehicle inspection, the registered keeper is only required to show the "E" mark. It is then up to the official in charge whether to check the mark with the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) in Flensburg (or equivalent type approval authority in other countries), which is able to decode all certification marks.
Made in Italy
Stainless steel is a collective term for rustproof steel. It is much more resistant to corrosion than non-alloyed steels. Stainless steel does not deteriorate, and is hygienic, UV-resistant, non-corroding, fracture-proof, non-toxic and environmentally friendly. It does not weather and can be recycled in its entirety, even after many years. Technically, the term "stainless steel" refers to corrosion-resistant steel alloys with a wide variety of compositions but always containing a high percentage of chromium (usually a minimum of 10.5%)
Stainless steel should be cleaned regularly like all other materials, especially after exposure to salty air (near the coast), and also at regular intervals.
Water can easily collect in corners, edges and screw connections, resulting in corrosion. So careful cleaning is important, and if necessary screws should be undone in order to clean the parts thoroughly.
Do not leave rusty steel parts against stainless steel to avoid the rust "contamination".
To ensure that your objective and truthful report will be really beneficial to all readers, please observe the following rules.
- Please only rate products that you have personally used for their intended purpose.
- Please give reasons for your positive and negative criticisms. Only then will they benefit other customers and allow us to improve the product if necessary.
- Please don’t copy content that has already been published elsewhere. It’s your personal experience which counts.
- Data protection: Please don’t include your own and other people’s addresses, telephone numbers or URLs or even the names of third parties (people as well as companies) in your review.
- In your product review, please don’t make comparisons with third party product ranges. Regardless of whether you judge these positively or negatively, you, or we as operators of this online shop, would be violating competition law.
Fair play: Please follow these rules so that we don’t have to shorten or delete your rating.
Your product rating has been saved. It will be displayed in a few minutes
Do you really want to cancel your entry?