Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Spain
What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Spain? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Documents you must have with you
- Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
- ID card or passport (since 26.6.12 it has also been obligatory for children under 16 travelling within the EU to have their own identity document.)
- International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) is recommended.
+ Recommended Products: Document Bag »
Please note: If you drive a vehicle of which you are not the owner, you require written authorisation from the registered vehicle keeper.
First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest
It is not mandatory for motorcycle riders to carry a first-aid kit or high-visibility vest. However, we recommend you always carry both.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Warning Triangle, Safety Vest, First-AID Kit, Warning Light »
It is mandatory to wear a helmet! Only helmets which conform to the ECE 22 standard are approved.
+ Recommended Products: Visor and Helmet Cleaner, Proofer »
Motorcycles must have their headlight on even during the daytime.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Lightbulbs »
- Within built-up areas: 50 km/h
- Outside built-up areas: 90 km/h
- Dual carriageways (expressways): 100 km/h
- Motorways (freeways): 120 km/h
A toll is charged on most motorways (freeways) and dual carriageways (expressways) in Portugal.
Legal alcohol limit
0.05% (50 mg/100 ml blood)
Motorcycle trips across the Spain borders
Here you will find country tips for motorcycle trips in Spain neighbouring countries.
* To provide you with even better support when you plan your next tour, we will shortly be adding still more countries.