FERODO REAR BRAKE PAD
SINTERED METAL, FDB2162SG
FERODO REAR BRAKE PAD SINTERED METAL, FDB2162SG
Ferodo is a household name worldwide when it comes to vehicle braking technology. Especially when it comes to the development, production and supply of high-performance brake pads for motorcycles. Whether racing, on the road or off-road, you can rely on Ferodo. The ECE number on the back plate guarantees road approval throughout the EU.
Louis has the following Ferodo brake pads for you in its range:
Ferodo Sinter SG for OFFROAD use.
- offer superior performance and durability in both muddy and dry conditions on both axles
- ideal for all types of recreational and racing use.
- excellent performance and stability throughout the temperature range
- designed to perform well even in the presence of abrasive particles originating from muddy conditions
- excellent pad life even in muddy conditions.
- suitable only for stainless steel discs
Ferodo Sinter ST:
- for road use
- highest coefficient of friction (µ) in the Ferodo pad range
- HH Rated (highest possible coefficient of friction)
- provides the ultimate braking performance and control in wet and dry conditions
- for superior performance and durability in both muddy and dry conditions on both axles
- ideal for all types of recreational and racing use
- minimal break-in time
- suitable for stainless steel discs only
- suitable for use with ABS systems
Ferodo Platinum P:
- these pads are characterized by their first-class organic road formulation
- suitable for all racing machines that require organic (resin) pad technology
- high coefficient of friction (µ) for all motorcycles
- excellent modulation properties
- low disc wear (compared to sintered compounds)
- consistent performance throughout the life of the pads
- suitable for use with ABS systems
Good to know:
Brake pads require careful running in. First brake with light pressure and then let the brakes cool down. The running-in time depends on the respective pad compound - organic pads need to be run in longer than sintered pads.
List of compatible motorcycles
Modern vehicle accessories of different types now frequently carry an "E" approval mark valid throughout Europe. This "E" mark, which is made up of a combination of letters and numbers, is clearly displayed on the product and shows the application tested, the country in which testing was carried out and, where appropriate, the vehicle type to which approval applies. EC type approval for exhaust systems, for example, are always issued for a specific vehicle type, whereas in the case of lighting, they apply to an entire group of vehicles, e.g. motorcycles.
This certification mark is the sole proof of legality stipulated by law, i.e. no written report or entry in the vehicle documents by TÜV (German Technical Inspection Association) is required. However, when it comes to installing accessories, the relevant guidelines of the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StvZO) must always be observed.
At at a roadside check or a TÜV vehicle inspection, the registered keeper is only required to show the "E" mark. It is then up to the official in charge whether to check the mark with the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) in Flensburg (or equivalent type approval authority in other countries), which is able to decode all certification marks.
Original parts on newer vehicles that have been given an "E" mark at the factory may only be replaced with accessories that have likewise undergone E-approval. An E-certified mirror may not, for example, by replaced with a mirror that only has TÜV approval under the German vehicle licensing regulations.
To ensure that your objective and truthful report will be really beneficial to all readers, please observe the following rules.
- Please only rate products that you have personally used for their intended purpose.
- Please give reasons for your positive and negative criticisms. Only then will they benefit other customers and allow us to improve the product if necessary.
- Please don’t copy content that has already been published elsewhere. It’s your personal experience which counts.
- Data protection: Please don’t include your own and other people’s addresses, telephone numbers or URLs or even the names of third parties (people as well as companies) in your review.
- In your product review, please don’t make comparisons with third party product ranges. Regardless of whether you judge these positively or negatively, you, or we as operators of this online shop, would be violating competition law.
Fair play: Please follow these rules so that we don’t have to shorten or delete your rating.
Your product rating has been saved. It will be displayed in a few minutes
Do you really want to cancel your entry?